Seeking Festival Director – Wyoming Eclipse Festival
The Casper Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking a dynamic Festival Director to help develop and orchestrate the Wyoming Eclipse Festival. Wyoming is directly on the centerline of a Total Solar Eclipse in August 2017. We are looking for a creative and visionary leader who will solidify and further develop the Eclipse Festival’s status as a once-in-a-lifetime viewing event and lead us into the next vibrant phase of the festival’s evolution.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Festival Director oversees and manages all aspects of the Wyoming Eclipse Festival. The Festival Director is responsible for ensuring all target areas are meeting forward progress through project management and for reporting that progress to the advisory board. The Director will see to the overall operations and financial success of the festival.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Festival Coordination & Management: Execute a timeline and workplan for the management of the festival and ensure that festival operates smoothly and deadlines are met.
Human Resources: Determines the need to recruit any staff and or/volunteers.
Programming: Work with various stakeholders to create a master plan for the event.
Business Relations: Build and maintain professional relationships with members of the business community. Negotiating of agreements with event suppliers and external vendors is included.
Fundraising: Oversee Marketing and Promotion to ensure sponsorships, individual and business donations, advertising sales, and fundraising efforts remain on schedule.
Leadership: Provide leadership to a team of key volunteers to drive successful event outcomes. Understand the nature of how to work with volunteers.
Reporting: Maintain key metrics and provide monthly reports to the advisory board.
Financial/Budget: Work with key volunteers to manage event budgets and drive cost efficiencies.
Promotion: Monitor promotional partnerships with business associations that drive event success. Assist in coordinating publications which can include monthly advisory committee reports, brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, videos, social media, and other materials as needed to promote understanding and appreciation of the event.
Communication: Work closely with internal teams to ensure event information is communicated to target audience well in advance of and during the event.
Management: Ensure efficient and effective use of all resources in order to help achieve safe and successful event.
Meeting Schedule: Organizes regular meetings with key individuals, volunteers, and agencies.
Other: Perform other duties and responsibilities as they arise for the success of the Wyoming Eclipse Festival.
Education: Any combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to completion of a bachelor’s degree with major coursework in communications, business and marketing. Previous experience in public relations, project management, or event planning is highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Provide effective leadership and direction.
- Coordinate the work of personnel and volunteers.
- Operate modern office equipment, software and operating systems/applications.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in
- the course of work.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Basic principles of budgeting.
- Allocating limited resources in a cost effective manner.
- Delegating and prioritizing work.
- Public speaking.
- Complex project management.
- Problem solving.
- Time management and meeting deadlines.
- Conflict resolution.
- Operating in a courteous, knowledgeable and tactful manner with volunteers, staff, and the general public.
- Oral and written communication, sufficient to exchange or convey effective information and to receive work direction.
- Organize work to consistently handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure that workflow and administrative requirements are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Delegate responsibilities and foster positive, productive relationships and team work among volunteers.
- Lift up to 40 lbs. and to sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time.
- Work as needed including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Respond to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion, tact, and confidentiality
This is a full time, salaried position that sunsets on August 31, 2017. To apply, please email a detailed cover letter and your resume to: Visitors@VisitCasper.com and include FESTIVAL DIRECTOR – Wyoming Eclipse Festival in the subject line. No phone calls please.